Need for Vegetable Cleaner
Pesticide-Contamination in Fruits and Vegetables
- In a recent study conducted to understand levels of contamination in fruits & vegetables, 99 percent of samples tested positive for at least one pesticide residue.
- Pesticide residues, crop contaminants (aflatoxins, patulin, ochratoxin, etc.), naturally occurring toxic substances and heavy metals are the major contaminants found on fruit and vegetables.
- Several of these pesticides -famoxadone, dieldrin, oxydemeton, chlorpyrifos, DDE and esfenvalerate are extremely toxic.
- The pesticide residue found in fruit and vegetables include residues of both banned (Aldrin, Chlordane, Endrin, Heptachlor, Ethyl Paration, etc.) and restricted pesticides for use in India (DDT, Endosulfan, etc.).
- Heavy metals are present in the irrigation water and other manures. Infested seeds, irrigation water and soil act as the source of the fungal toxins.
- Research has found higher levels of lead and other metals in mangoes and other fruits.
Health issues associated with eating vegetables and fruits with pesticides residue.
- Pesticides can leave adverse effects on the nervous system.
- Pesticides can cause several hazardous diseases like cancer, liver, kidney, and lung damage.
- Certain pesticides can also cause loss of weight and appetite, irritability, insomnia, behavioral disorder and dermatological problems.
- Organophosphates pesticides - which are potent neurotoxins - can damage children's intelligence, brain development and nervous systems even in low doses.
- Lead exposure is estimated to account for 143 000 deaths per year with the highest burden in developing regions.
|Heavy metals & Chemicals||Lead Poisoning|
|insomnia, behavioral disorder|
KENT Ozone TECHNOLOGY to clean fruits & vegetables
- Using powerful ozone technology, KENT vegetables purifiers removes chemicals, pathogens and other impurities from the surface of fruits & vegetables.
- It kills bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.
- It sterilizes the surface of vegetables and fruits, cleaning them giving you a taste of purity and health.
Advantages of Ozone Technology.
- Based on Ozone disinfection technology that kills bacteria, viruses, fungus and other pathogens.
- Effectively oxidizes residual chemicals from the surface of meat, vegetables and fruits.
- Cleans antibiotics and hormones that invariably exist in meat, fish and other types of meats.
- Ozonized fruits and vegetables have longer shelf life when compared to not ozonized fruits and vegetables.
- Ozonation of fruits and vegetables results in removal of harmful chemicals and retention of nutrients.