Water purifiers have become a necessity rather than a luxury item, thanks to the increasing amount of contamination. Depending on the quality of water that you receive, you can choose among RO, UV or UF water purifiers. Wall-mounted and table-top water purifiers have been quite common choices when it comes to selecting a water purifier. These types of water purifiers can be easily installed in traditional Indian style homes. However, installing these water purifiers in modular kitchens can be a difficult task as these also eat up a lot of space. In such a scenario, you can opt for under-the-counter water purifiers. The blog discusses in detail the features, advantages and factors to consider when installing under-the-counter water purifiers. Read on.
What makes Under The Counter Water Purifiers Different?
As the name suggests, under the counter water purifiers are placed under your kitchen counter or sink, which helps in saving a lot of space. The space saving feature makes it unique from the other types of water purifiers available in the market. The best part such water purifiers can be directly connected to your kitchen tap or refrigerators.
How does it Work?
Under the counter purifiers work in the similar way as wall mounted RO water purifiers. The only difference between under- the- counter and wall mounted RO water purifiers is the installation and their look. Under- the- counter water purifiers use latest purification techniques to purify the water and make it suitable for consumption. However, the flow rate of under- the- counter water purifiers is quite high as compared to the wall mounted or table top purifiers, thanks to the hydrostatic tanks available with the purifiers. As a result, these water purifiers need less time to fill a bottle as compared to other types of water purifiers.
What are the Advantages of under- the- counter Water Purifiers?
Saves Counter-top Space
One of the main advantages of under- the- counter water purifier is its space saving design. These water purifiers stay hidden under the sink, which also adds to the look of your kitchen. You can only see the faucet of the water purifier. In short, these type of water purifiers don’t require you to make any adjustments on your kitchen counter top to accommodate it.
High Flow Rate
Another advantage of under-the-counter water purifiers is its high flow rate. The water purifiers use a hydrostatic tank and as a result, the water comes out with good flow and pressure. The hydrostatic tanks maintain an optimal pressure which contributes to the high flow rate of water. The high pressure ensures that you can fill a bottle of water in 10-15 seconds.
Doesn’t Spill Water
The main advantage of under-the-counter water purifier is it doesn’t spill water. These water purifiers come with a curved tap which is fitted on the sink and is placed next to the main water tap. Whenever you need to fill water, just put the bottle on the sink and start the tap.
What are the Important Factors to Check?
- Under-the-counter water purifiers dispense water through a tap. When purchasing under-the-counter water purifiers, make sure that the tap or faucet is available with the purifier. If there is no tap or faucet available, you will need to buy it separately.
- Make sure that the place where the water purifier will be installed is dirt-free. There should be no leakage from the sink beneath which you need to place the water purifier. The place where the water purifier will be installed needs to be clean and hygienic.
- The water purifier needs to be connected to a socket for power supply. Make sure the place where the water purifier is placed has a wall socket to avoid any problems during installation process.
- Under-the-counter water purifiers need continuous supply of running water to operate smoothly. Ensure that the sink where you plan to install the water purifier has continuous supply of running water.
- The kitchen top should have a hole so that you can fix the tap. If your kitchen top doesn’t have space for fixing the tap, make sure that you drill a hole to fix the tap of the water purifier.
Last few Words
If you are looking a water purifier that saves space, check out under-the-counter water purifiers. Make sure that you have all the facilities available to install the water purifier without any hassles. However, ensure that you take the help of a professional for installing the water purifier. KENT provides some of the top quality under-the-counter water purifiers that can purify water from different sources such as bore-well, overhead tank and municipal corporation water. For more information visit, our website or call us at 9582-123456 to get a free demo.