According to WHO, Air Pollution kills 7 million people every year. Air pollution is a leading risk factor for breathing problems such as COPD. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) includes diseases of the lungs that are progressive and cause airflow blockage and breathing difficulties. A large population lives with COPD without being aware of it. Diseases like Emphysema and Chronic Bronchitis affect the function of air sacs. The disease also causes inflammation and swelling of the airway lining along with excessive mucous production. The risk factors of COPD include smoking, genetics, and environmental factors. To minimize the threat of this disease it is important to make the indoor air safer and that can be done by installing the best air purifier at home. Air purifiers that contain HEPA filters work efficiently in filtering out harmful particles present in the air and purifying indoor air pollution.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Symptoms and Prevention
People suffering from COPD can have several symptoms or have no symptoms at all for a long time. The common symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath that worsens gradually and increases with physical activities
- Frequent coughing (with sputum and without sputum), Chest tightness, Noisy breathing, Frequent infections in the lungs, and Wheezing
- Tiredness, Appetite changes and Weight loss
Severe symptoms that require immediate attention are bluish or grey fingernails, tips, or lips, Difficulty catching the breath, Confusion, Inability to speak, Increased heartbeat, Swelling of the ankle, feet, and legs. COPD can be prevented by avoiding smoking, preventing smoke exposure, avoiding breathing in pollutants, reducing exposure to pollutants and allergens. Using an air purifier at home can also be helpful as this can ensure that the indoor air you breathe stays healthy.
Air Purifiers for Purer Air
If you are suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or other respiratory conditions using an air purifier at home can be helpful. The purifiers come with advanced filtration processes and can filter out not just dust, pollutants, mould, and impurities but also harmful pathogens. Talking about the air purifier, KENT presents the most efficient Alps+ UV model that comes with a UV LED and purity indicator and solves indoor air quality concerns. Scroll below to know the features of this air purifier.
Some features of KENT Alps+ UV Air Purifier are –
- UV LED – The KENT Alps+ UV Air Purifier emits UV light which creates an environment where pathogens such as bacteria and viruses cannot live. This prevents the inhalation of allergens and other health hazards.
- HEPA Filter – This highly efficient HEPA filter present in this air purifier can remove the particulate matter of PM 2.5 and has an anti-bacterial HEPA filter coating. KENT Alps+ UV Air purifier uses a three-step mechanism to filter out 99.97% of air pollutants that are more than 0.3 microns in size. The primary filter removes larger particles, the second is the activated carbon filter that removes cigarette smoke, benzene, and smells, and the third is the HEPA filter that removes bacteria, viruses, germs, and PM 2.5 particulate matter.
- Other Smart Features – The KENT Alps+ air purifier contains smart features such as Filter Change Indicator and Intelligent Air Quality monitoring. The primary feature timely alert you when the filter needs to be changed and the second feature will show the quality of the air you are breathing right now.
- User-Friendly Design – The KENT Alps+ UV Air Purifier is easy to operate with the help of buttons. It has a timer setting of 2 hours, 4 hours, and 6 hours along with speed control for low, medium, and high. This makes it very easy to use.
- High CADR– This highly advanced air purifier has a high CADR – Clean Air Delivery Rate of 400 mᵌ/hr and can be installed in a room or area of up to 430 sq. feet. This high purifying capacity keeps purifying indoor air repeatedly so that the Air Quality in your room is maintained to perfection.
The Bottom Line
Therefore, if anyone in your family is facing the issue of COPD like shortness of breath, wheezing or a chronic cough, it may be due to the polluted indoor air. The indoor air has not only pollutants, cigarette smoke, particulate matter but also pathogens and allergens, which can cause severe diseases. To make sure that you breathe pure and clean air, installing an air purifier is a clever option for all. So, bring home a good air purifier and ensure that the air you are breathing indoors is fresh, pure, and breathable.