Many places in India receive a hard water supply. Using hard water for bathing, laundry, cleaning, and other household chores can cause several issues – from scaling & corrosion of taps and appliances to dryness of skin and hair. The water becomes hard when it percolates through limestone, chalk, and gypsum deposits which adds a high amount of calcium and magnesium carbonates, bicarbonates, and sulphates to the water.
If you have a hard water supply, you may notice that soap doesn’t lather easily and you have to use a lot more soap. Additionally, your hands may also feel slimy after washing them. Taps, pipes, and appliances may also have solid deposits and scaling. While some people try out do-it-yourself methods to reduce the negative effects of hard water with shower filters, using purified water, masks, and rinses, the most feasible long-term solution to this problem is installing a KENT Water Softener. This appliance softens hard water to make it suitable for use domestically. To know more about the impact of hard water, read on.
Impact of Hard Water on Hair and Skin
Hard water can cause an accumulation of solid deposits on your hair and skin.
- Minerals deposit and crystallize on the scalp making the hair brittle.
- Soaps & Shampoos don’t work as effectively as the hard water forms a scum, instead of lather.
- Mineral deposits can block the pores on your scalp.
- Hair appears flat, non-voluminous, and frizzy.
- Skin can become dry, flaky, and itchy due to the use of hard water
Hence, the hard water supply in your area may be the reason for your unhealthy and dull skin and hair.
Impact of Hard Water on your Home
Hard water deposits and builds up on different surfaces, affecting taps, tiles, and appliances.
- You need to use more soaps, detergents, and shampoos as it takes a lot more effort and product to make lather with hard water.
- Solid deposits of calcium can form in appliances such as geysers. This impacts the life of the appliance, increases water heating costs, and lowers the efficiency of the geyser.
- Hard water can clog pipes and affect the plumbing of the house.
- The bathroom fittings and marble floors are prone to scaling and corrosion if you’re using hard water.
The Bottom Line
Hard water impacts your home, your skin & hair health. It is important to implement a long-term solution for the problem of hard water supply. You could soften the water in your home using a reliable and efficient water softener, like those sold by KENT. KENT Water Softeners use the efficient ion-exchange process to make hard water soft. Its easy regeneration procedure makes it softening hard water a hassle-free experience. KENT has a range of water softeners – from bathroom water softeners to Automatic Water Softeners in different capacities. You can browse the KENT website to know more about the products that would fit your budget and requirements. The experts at KENT would be able to help you with the product that matches your needs so that you can have access to soft water for your daily needs.