Summer is here and with each passing day, the mercury is reaching a new level. Excessive heat can lead to a number of health problems, which is the reason why it is necessary to stay hydrated. In addition to drinking juices, water needs to be an integral part of your daily routine. Nothing can replace the benefits of drinking enough water, especially during summer when there are higher chances of falling ill. So, in this blog, we discuss some of the effective ways to stay hydrated during Summer.
Why should we drink more water in summers?
In the summer, we should drink more water to prevent dehydration, regulate body temperature, maintain healthy skin, aid digestion, and prevent kidney stones. Sweating in hot weather can cause dehydration and other health problems, but drinking enough water can help to prevent these issues. It is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water per day, and in hot weather, you may need to increase your intake to stay adequately hydrated. Drinking water is a simple but effective way to maintain good health, especially during the hot summer months.
Importance of drinking water in Summer
1. Hydration: Water is essential for keeping our bodies hydrated, which helps to maintain proper bodily functions and prevent dehydration.
2. Digestion: Drinking water can help aid in digestion by softening stools and preventing constipation.
3. Improved mood and cognitive function: Staying hydrated can help to improve your mood, increase your energy levels, and improve your cognitive function, such as memory and concentration.
4. Skin health: Drinking water can help to keep your skin healthy and hydrated, preventing dryness, flakiness, and other skin problems.
5. Joint health: Water helps to lubricate joints, reducing the risk of injury and joint pain.
6. Kidney health: Drinking water can help to prevent the formation of kidney stones, which can be painful and cause serious health problems.
7. Weight loss: Drinking water can help with weight loss by reducing hunger and calorie intake, and increasing the rate at which the body burns calories.
8. Immune system support: Staying hydrated can help to support your immune system by helping your body flush out toxins and waste.
Drink a Non-Sweetened Beverage
Many of us find plain water bland and boring. However, this need not be an excuse to avoid drinking water. You can get a little creative and try different ways to drink more water. You can add some salts and fresh lemon juice to the water to alter its taste. Lemon water is not only tasty but also has a lot of health benefits. In addition, you can also drink herbal tea, which is loaded with antioxidants and also helps in maintaining your weight.
Carry a Water Bottle
Make it a point to carry a water bottle wherever you go, especially during summer. The excessive heat along with dehydration leads to headaches and many other health problems in summer. However, avoid buying bottled water as plastic bottles have a negative impact on your health. Instead of plastic bottles, go for vacuum flasks that maintain the temperature of water for a long time. If you need to travel a lot, keep a bottle of water, which you can sip at intervals. Driving dehydrates you, especially during summer and the air conditioner dries the air in the car cabin.
Read More: Are You Drinking Enough Water
Eat Juicy Fruits
A helping of fruits is a must in your diet. During summer, switch to juicy fruits, which are not only healthy but also help you quench your thirst. Fruits such as watermelon, orange, lemon, and grapes are great for keeping you hydrated during summer. In addition, you can also prepare fruits infused water using these juicy and tasty fruits to keep yourself hydrated.
Include Vegetable Soups in your Diet
To replenish the water in your body, you can also switch to liquid foods. You can include vegetable soups in your diet along with your meals to replenish the water in your body. Vegetable soups can help you stay hydrated for a long time and also keep you full. The combination of water and vegetables works wonders for your health.
Last Few Words
Staying hydrated in summer can go a long way in keeping you healthy. However, make sure the water you drink is free of impurities. Install a water purifier and make sure you carry a bottle of purified water wherever you go, especially during summer.