Diwali comes with its cleaning rituals. Every corner of the house needs to be squeaky clean, to usher in good luck and prosperity. However, if you are not a big fan of cleaning, and freak out looking at the mess at home, we have all the tips ready for you.
The Diwali Countdown Begins so does your Cleaning Schedule
- Come Diwali and the houses are filled with guests, which is the reason why you need to pay special attention to the cleaning process. So, to help you out, here are some tips to make your cleaning tasks easy.
- Make sure the indoor air is clean: Many of us are allergic to dust, dirt and as a result may suffer from asthma attacks or allergies during the cleaning process. The dirt and dust that settle on the carpets, sofas, and beds loosen up during the cleaning process. This may trigger allergic reactions and breathing problems. This is the reason why it is a necessity to have an air purifier, especially during the festive season.
- Organize your wardrobe: Dispose of the clothes that are lying idle in your closet for a long time. The clothes that you don’t wear are a safe haven for pests and dust mites. This is the reason why it is advisable to organize the wardrobe every festive season.
- Done with wardrobe cleaning? Pay heed to the stuffed bed box: Some of the common items that we generally neglect is cleaning the bed box. Keep the blankets, mattresses, pillows and other stuff that is stored in the bed box out in the sun to remove dust-mites and germs.
- Figure out what needs to be washed or dry cleaned: If you have not yet started with the cleaning of your linens and curtains, we suggest you take some professional help. Give your carpets, curtains and bed sheets for cleaning weeks in advance, as the rush at the cleaner’s store is bound to increase with each nearing day of Diwali.
- Remove the cobwebs: The corners of the house have a lot of cobwebs. It’s time to wipe them out of the door. From behind the wardrobe to under the bed, cobwebs can be found anywhere. Put a mask on your nose and start with your mission against cobwebs.
- Take help of professional cleaners for pest control: Cockroaches, bugs, insects need to be removed with the help of professional cleaners. Make it a point that you call them in advance, as you are likely to get even more busy with Diwali preparations in the coming days.
When just a week left, time to speed up
Diwali is just around the corner, and so you need to take your prep up game a notch higher. Make sure you receive everything that was given for the dry clean or regular wash to avoid running around at the last minute. Here’s the checklist.
- Clean your appliances: You also need to clean the home appliances such as television, refrigerator, water purifier, washing machine, microwave during the festive season. Use a good vacuum cleaner to remove the dust from their surface using a clean, dry cloth, and then, wash the stain by using a cleansing spray. Do read the respective manuals beforehand to avoid any damage to their delicate parts.Take on the task of kitchen cleaning: Say no to vinegar, baking soda and dish-washing soap this year, and try an efficient kitchen cleaning spray. It will relieve you of the effort that goes in rubbing oil stains off the kitchen slab and tiles. For cleaning the kitchen floor, you can use any floor cleaning spray or liquid.
Make sure the bathroom is spotlessly clean: The mirror and wash basin are some of the things in the bathroom that need proper cleaning and attention. Don’t forget to clean these important areas during the festive season amid the excitement of Diwali.
Renovate the garden area: Paint the flower pots that are losing the sheen with time. Un-earthen drying plants, mow the lawn and trim the hedges. These things will add a fresh touch to the outer space of your house. In the last two days, focus more on decoration.
So, why do you need an Air Purifier?
The question that many people have in their minds is why do you need an air purifier during the festive season. Diwali is not only the time to enjoy a good time with your friends and family, but it is also the time when the pollution level is at a peak. Every year, the air quality in the whole of North India, especially Delhi and NCR reaches an alarming level, thanks to the excessive smog. The extremely high levels of PM 2.5, PM 10 and other pollutants lead to a number of respiratory problems among people of all age groups. While most of us pay a lot of attention to outdoor pollution, we hardly give a second thought to the quality of indoor air that we breathe.
Considering the grim situation, air purifiers are a necessity and not a luxury during the festive season, especially if you have children at home. Air purifiers from renowned brands such as KENT come with advanced HEPA technology which effectively catches and traps PM 2.5 dust particles so that you breathe safely. A report by GADGETS NOW ranked KENT Aura and KENT Alps Plus as the best selling air purifiers in India. Some of the air purifiers also come with an air quality monitor that you can keep a check on the air quality on a real-time basis.
Last Few Words
So, what are you waiting for? Follow the tips mentioned above to start your festive cleaning without any hassle. Don’t forget to bring home an air purifier to enjoy a safe and pollution-free festive season. To find the right air purifier for your home, click here.
You May Also like Reading: How to Buy Air Purifiers? Complete Buying Guide
A planned cleaning endeavor will not only help you in having a gala time on the day of Diwali but would help you to stay hassle free.