People nowadays have become very health conscious and they prefer to eat a balanced diet that includes the daily intake of essential nutrients through fruits and vegetables. Eating balanced diet as a part of the regular meal would make you stay healthy and keep you fit as well. Healthy eating with essential nutrients is not just about staying with strict dietary limitations, but it is about staying fit and eating all the required nutrients. The actual prospect is about having more energy and at the same time improving your health.
It has been studied that there are 6 main sources of nutrients that are mostly needed to ensure about a healthy diet. The six main list of nutrients that the body needs so as to function properly are carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water.
Carbohydrates: The Source of Energy
You might have studied that one should have low-carb fad diets but, contrary to this, carbohydrates are crucial to have good health as well. In fact, you would know that carbohydrates are required because it results as one of the best sources of energy. Thus it is stated that one should intake at least 45% to 65% of carbohydrates as in the daily calories. This nutrient plays an essential role in developing the intestinal health of a body. In this concern, foods like oats, fruits, vegetables, peas, beans, brown rice, and vegetables can be eaten to earn carbohydrates as essential nutrients in the body.
Proteins: The Source of Basic Body Building Blocks
Protein is another essential nutrient that body needs and it is the basic body building source that is required for all of your cells. This nutrient perfectly plays an active role in creating immunity and at the same time delivering oxygen in your body. Taking the proper quantity of protein in your diet can act as a source of energy and can work accordingly when carbohydrates, as well as fats, are not available. The study says that an average person needs 0.8 kg of protein per kilogram of body weight. In order to calculate the same, you can have foods that contain protein like eggs, nuts, peas, fish, dairy products, poultry, beef, beans and etc.
Fat: Helps Maintain Cell Membrane
Fat is also regarded as one of the essential nutrients that provide you with energy and at the same time allow you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins. Diet added with fats provide a protective cushion for your organs and helps maintain cell membranes as well. It is studied that approximately 20% to 35% of your calories should come from fat. It is stated that not all fats have the same nutritional value and effective, but the fats that are gained from food items like nuts, seeds, fatty fish, olive oil, and avocados are regarded as the best.
Vitamins: Nutrient for Body and Mind
In order to stay healthy, your body needs adequate amounts of vitamins as well. This would help you to grow and develop normally and stay fit and healthy. There is a total list of 13 vitamins that are very much beneficial for human body and you can have it by eating different food items.
- Vitamin D: This would keep your bones strong. In this concern, the National Cancer Institute has also stated that Vitamin D is very essential in lowering the risk of developing colorectal cancer. The foods that are a rich source of Vitamin D are Eggs, Oysters, Salmon, Milk, Trout and etc.
- Vitamin C: It supports your immune system and helps in protecting the health of the cells. It can promote healthy teeth and gums and even help in healing wounds as well. The foods that are rich in Vitamin C are Papaya, Broccoli, Strawberries, Bell peppers, Brussels Sprouts, Citrus Fruits and etc.
- Vitamin A: It would keep your eyesight healthy. There are various foods that are rich in Vitamin A and these are Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Apricots, Spinach, Winter Squash and etc.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin would allow you to metabolize proteins, carbohydrates, and fat in the body. In this concern, B-6, B-12, and B-9 are very much essential to experience essential nerve function. These can help you maintain proper brain function, help support metabolism and even prevent from anemia. There are different foods that are very high in Vitamins are like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk, oyster and etc.
- Vitamin K: The vitamin would help your blood clot. It also helps in maintaining the strength of bones to a great extent. There are many foods that are rich in Vitamin K and these are Broccoli, Asparagus, Parsley, Brussels Sprout and etc.
- Vitamin E: It would act as an antioxidant and would help in protecting the healthy cells in the body. Vitamin E is also very much beneficial for repairing the muscle cells. The foods that are rich in Vitamin E are Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Spinach, Asparagus and many others.
In addition to the vitamins, minerals are also regarded as one of the necessary nutrients. Proper intake of minerals would help in regulating heartbeat and at the same time building bones as well. Minerals also help in the creation of hormones as well. The study says that there is a total of 16 minerals and each of it has its own function.
The study says that it is not just eating fruits and vegetables to earn nutrients but, you should also drink a lot of water so that you can wash out toxins from the body and stay healthy. Water in your body would help in eliminating waste, aids, moisturizes your skin and at the same time carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells. Talking about optimal health, it is also recommended that an adult should drink 75 ounces of water per day.
Benefits of Eating Healthy Diet
It is a known fact that eating right kind of food (balanced diet) can easily help you to maintain a healthy life. Consuming healthy diet would also help you avoid certain health problems and bring up a sense of wellbeing within yourself. In addition to this, you can also lower the risk of health problem by eating fresh fruits as well as vegetables or cooking healthy and hygienic meals at home. If you are planning to eat a healthy diet then you can follow few things like:
- Prepare your meal and stop eating fast food or street food
- Cut back unhealthy foods and replace it with healthy. You can opt for grilled food.
- Avoid eating packed and processed food and make sure to eat food with more of fresh ingredients.
- Avoid eating sugar or unhealthy fats in packaged food.
- Drink a lot of water so that toxic wastes gets flushed out and you remain hydrated
Healthy and Balanced Diet for Men and Women:
The intake of food or healthy diet depends on person to person and thus, here are few details related to the same. The study says that men and women have different nutritional requirements. The nutritional need completely varies on age, size and the activity level. There is a reference intake about the healthy diet that would add fat, saturates, sugars, salt, carbs, and protein that you should aim to meet each day.
Intake of Fiber as Essential Nutrients
Fibers are regarded as essential nutrients that play an active role in the body. It is recommended that one can consume at least 25-30 grams of fiber daily. It is not only just eating fruits and vegetables to count fiber in your body, but, drinking fruit juice can also act as an important source. Talking about the fibers, it is studied that there are two types of fibers in fruits and vegetables namely soluble and insoluble.
The insoluble fibers that are present in the foods and vegetables would keep the bowels regular and even speeds up the passage of food through digestive tracts. On the other hand, the soluble fibers help in regulating blood sugar control and it may also lower blood cholesterol level to a great extent and let you stay healthy.
Intake of Essential Nutrients from Fruit and Vegetable Juice
When we talk about essential nutrients, fibers are also regarded as one amongst the list. In this concern, drinking fresh juices that of fruits and vegetables in their most concentrated form is always beneficial. The concentration of nutrients can make you healthy. Intake of fruit juice is very easy because nowadays, you would find different brands of juicer available in the market. The most preferred and widely chosen juicer is KENT cold pressed juicer, which is an ideal juicing tool that can let you experience a healthy life.
KENT slow juicer is better than the conventional juicer because it can keep all the nutrients and fibers intact. While extracting the juice, you would find that the color in fruits and vegetables becomes very dark and this explains that the juice is presented with strong pigments and all the essential fibers are present in it. It produces mode juice and you would be able to find much darker richer profile juice, which is due to the higher nutrient content in it.
There are many foods that you can eat and to ensure that you intake best high-fibre food, here are few foods along with the fiber quantity listed below. The list would allow you to understand the particular quantity of fibers present in different foods.
List of Foods with Fibre Quantity:
||16.3 grams per cup
||15.6 grams per cup
||15 grams per cup
||15 grams per cup
||10.3 grams per medium vegetables
||8.8 grams per cup
||5.1 grams per cup
||4.1 grams per cup
||8 grams per cup
||7.6 grams per cup
||6.7 grams per half
||5.5 grams per half medium fruit
||4 grams per cup
||7 grams per cup
If you want to start with a healthy eating plan into action then make sure to eat a well-balanced diet that contains essential nutrients. This can help you get the nutrients your body needs to function properly. There are different fruits and vegetables, and many other foods that are rich sources of many vitamins. Make sure to intake these into your daily diet and enjoy optimum health and wellness.