Hard water is the water that contains a high rate of mineral content, which is formed when the water penetrates through the deposits of limestone and chalk. The hard water contains a large percentage of calcium and magnesium carbonates and this is what makes the water hard. You can find that hard water can be indicated by the lack of suds formation at the time when the soap is distressed in water. Though water hardness is a big concern, but with the usage of water softener it can be easily reduced and can remove calcium from water. The most common means of removing the water hardness totally rely on the ion-exchange resin or reverse osmosis.
How to Convert Hard water To Soft Water?
Do you know how to convert hard water to soft water? It is by using the water softener. There are different water softeners available in the market and they are regarded as ion exchange systems. In such systems, it is the hardness ions that are exchanged for salt (sodium or potassium) ions. The exchange is done within the resin tank of the water softener and the process is explained like it comes in contact with small resin beads, which are covered with salt ions. In the water softening process, the water flows through the resin beads and the hardness of ions trade places with salt ions. Thus, softening of water is explained to be as a technique that can easily serve the removal of the ions and make the hard water soft.
Water softener helps in removing the minerals that make the water hard. Hard water can clog pipes and you can also experience that soap gets dissolve in it less easily. Hard water can evoke the risk of lime scale deposits in the household water systems. It is due to the impact of limescale that can block the pipe and get it clogged. Beside this, another negative effect of hard water is that it can even damage the household machinery. Thus, the usage of the water softener means the ultimate enhancement of the life of the household machine, and even boosting the lifespan of the pipelines as well.
Advantages of Water Softener:
- By using water softener you can get cleaner and shinier silverware and glassware. You have experienced that dishes that are washed with hard water keeps white spots behind. But, by using the water treated by water softener can rinse the residue of soap keeping the dish look clean and clear.
- Another advantage is that your hair and skin can feel softer, cleaner and smoother. Hard water would contain excess minerals and this can damage your hair and can make your skin look dull. But the usage of the soft water can let you keep your skin clear.
- Water softener softens the hard water and helps in eliminating the creation of soap curd.
- Usage of water softener can help in restoring rich lathering of your soaps and shampoos
- It can keep your fabrics softer, brighter and can even extend the life as well
- It is the hard water that can shorten the usable life of the appliances and even decrease the overall efficiency. But the usage of water softener can enhance the life of water using appliances like ice makers, dishwashers, and even cloth washers.
About KENT Water Softener:
In order to make hard water soft, KENT has introduced two water softeners and these are KENT Autosoft255 and KENT Mini. The water softeners have ion-Exchange Softening Technology that helps in converting hard water into soft water. The process would explain like exchanging of hard salts of calcium & magnesium with sodium through an ion-exchange process. It also has automatic regeneration process, where the microprocessor-controlled softener would automatically pass through 5 stages of regeneration thereby converting the hard water to soft water.
KENT Autosoft255 water softener is a fully automatic water softener added with time-based regeneration for enhanced water quality. The usage of this water softener would allow you to get rid of the deposits on sinks, showers, and even from tubes as well. Some of the features are mentioned below:
- Automatic Regeneration Technology
- 5 Stages of Regeneration normal, backwash, recharging, flushing and brine refill
- Inbuilt Micro-Controller
- Time-based Regeneration for continuous supply of soft water
- Enhance the quality of water making it more soluble
- LCD Panel for Control
- Higher Output Capacity
- Output between Regeneration is 3000 liters
KENT Mini is the world’s first compact water softener, which is ideal for washing machine, dishwasher, and geyser. It is easy to install and operate and it even has a unique valve that would facilitate manual regeneration within minutes. With its softening technology, the machine can easily convert hard water into soft in an efficient manner.
Some of the features are mentioned below:
- Compact water softener
- Generates extra lather for superior washing
- Easy Installation & Operation
- Added with water softening technology
- Applicable for Geyser, dishwasher and washing machine
- Output between Regeneration is 150 – 200 liters
In order to minimize the effect and solve the issue of hard water, you can use the water softener that is introduced. The company has KENT Mini and KENT Autosoft255, which you can use it to remove the impact of hard water and make it soft.