Reduce Calcium and Magnesium in Hard Water with Water Softener
Effects of Hard Water
Hard water contains a high rate of mineral content, which is formed when water penetrates through deposits of limestone and chalk. Hard water contains a large percentage of calcium and magnesium carbonates and this is what makes the water hard. One of the most common indicators of hard water is a lack of lather when water is used with soap. Water hardness is a big concern and an effective solution is using a water softener, which helps remove calcium from the water.
How to Convert Hard water To Soft Water?
Do you know how to convert hard water to soft water? The answer to this is a water softener. There are different water softeners available in the market and they are regarded as ion exchange systems.
In such systems, hardness ions are exchanged for salt (sodium or potassium) ions. The exchange is done within the resin tank of the water softener. Small resin beads are covered with salt ions. In the water softening process, the water flows through the resin beads, and the hardness ions trade places with salt ions.
Water softener helps in removing the minerals that make the water hard. Hard water can clog pipes and you can also experience that soap gets dissolved in it less easily. Hard water can evoke the risk of limescale deposits in the household water systems. It is due to the impact of limescale that can block the pipe and get it clogged. Besides this, another negative effect of hard water is that it can even damage household machinery. Thus, the usage of the water softener means the ultimate enhancement of the life of the household machine, and even boosting the lifespan of the pipelines as well.
How is hard water identified and measured?
There are a lot of signs that indicate you get hard water at home. Some of them include:
- Stains on kitchen appliances
- Dry hair
- Dull skin
- Fading of clothes
These are all indicators of hard water supply in your home. However, to take the right steps, you need to check the level of water hardness. You can take the help of a professional or book a free water test with KENT to check the level of hardness in the water.
Level of Water Hardness
The following table will help you interpret the water hardness and take the required steps to improve the quality of the water.
|Grains per Gallon||Mg/L or PPM||Water Hardness|
|Less than one||Less than 17.1||Soft|
|Over 10||Over 180||Very Hard|
(Table as per blog)
Advantages of Water Softener:
Using a water softener is the easiest way to convert hard water into soft water. Here are some of the benefits of using a water softener:
- Hard water leaves white spots behind. But, using the water treated with a water softener can rinse the residue of soap keeping the dishes clean and no white spots left on them.
- Hard water contains excess minerals, and this may damage your hair and make your skin look dull. Water softener gives you soft water that will make your hair and skin feel softer, cleaner, and smoother.
- Water softener softens the hard water and helps in eliminating the creation of soap curd.
- Usage of a water softener can help in restoring the rich lathering of your soaps and shampoos.
- Soft water from a water softener can keep your fabrics softer and brighter.
- A water softener can enhance the life of water-using appliances like ice makers, dishwashers, and washing machines.
About KENT Water Softener:
There are different types of water softeners available from the house of KENT for different needs. These include:
- KENT Autosoft
- KENT Washing Machine Water Softener
The water softeners have ion-Exchange Softening Technology that helps in converting hard water into soft water. The water softeners exchange hard salts of calcium & magnesium with sodium through an ion-exchange process.
KENT Autosoft water softener is a fully automatic hard water softener that comes with time-based regeneration for enhanced water quality. The usage of this water softener would allow you to get rid of the deposits on sinks, showers, and even from tubes as well. Some of its features include:
- Automatic Regeneration Technology
- 5 Stages of Regeneration – normal, backwash, recharging, flushing, and brine refill
- Inbuilt Micro-Controller
- Time-based Regeneration for a continuous supply of soft water
- Enhance the quality of water making it more soluble
- LCD Panel for Control
- Higher Output Capacity
- Output between Regeneration is 3000 liters
KENT Washing Machine Water Softener:
As the name suggests, KENT Washing Machine Water Softener is ideal for washing machines. The water softener converts hard water into soft to produce extra lather when washing clothes and reduce the usage of detergent. Hard water leaves a yellowish and muddy look on the clothes. KENT Washing Machine Water Softener plays an important role in removing dullness from clothes. Some of the features include:
- Compact water softener
- Generates extra lather for superior washing
- Enhances luster & whiteness in clothes
- No pressure operation
- Easy to install and use
To minimize the effect and solve the issue of hard water, choose from a range of water softeners from KENT and turn the hard water supply in your home into soft water.
Please send specifications for a water softening unit that can be installed under the kitchen sink in an apartment. This water softening unit is for the Phoenix, AZ area that has the highest DSL in the country.