Homemade juices are no doubt healthier than sugar-laden store-bought varieties but turn out that the juicer you pick could also play an important role in making your fruit and vegetable concoctions even more nutritious. Traditional juicers, or centrifugal models, use fast-spinning blades to tear apart the fruits or vegetables, but the process adds some heat and exposes the ingredients to air. These factors may cut down the nutrients present in the juice. Masticating or “cold-pressed” juicers have become quite popular as these machines extract juice by pressing and grinding fruits and vegetables without adding heat, hence the term “cold-pressed.”
Cold Pressed juice by definition is the process by which fresh foods are preserved using High-Pressure Processing (HPP) as opposed to heat, often up to 87,000 PSI.
HPP is also known as Pascalization. The method preserves food products using extremely high pressure. The process removes harmful bacteria (they die at 60,000 PSI), maintains a higher yield of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes, and preserve a fresher taste.The FDA recognizes HHP for preserving freshness and increasing shelf life without preservatives or high heat.
Health Benefits of Cold Pressed juices
- Cold Pressing destroys bacteria on a structural level, preserves the taste and quality that heat and chemical pasteurization destroy. You don’t need to worry about bacteria and your juice retains freshness, taste, and quality.
- The method of extracting juice retains more vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and taste than any other method (except eating fresh). It’s a great way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet easily.
- The taste of cold pressed juices is unmatched. You can prepare a large batch and store it properly and still have it taste absolutely fresh 2-weeks later.
- You get more juice from your produce. A centrifugal juicer doesn’t extract as much juice ounce per ounce, and therefore using a masticating model can save you money on produce. When you juice at home, you can save money and control the quality of the ingredients.
- This juice has a good consistency. Cold-pressed juices retain more pulp and fiber, so the juice is a bit thicker. Some people prefer it that way. If you don’t, just add a bit of water.
Advantages of owning a cold pressed juicer
One can definitely save money and control the quality of the ingredients, as you can choose organic produce or fruits and vegetables from a local farmers’ market. You also have your very own “reset” button at home. This can be incredibly helpful after vacations, indulgent weekends or when you’re feeling a bit under the weather.
In conventional juicers, the nutrients and fibers get oxidized due to the heat generated as a result of high- speed spinning. KENT Cold Pressed juicer does not produce as much heat as generated by the conventional juicers, thereby keeping the nutrients and fibers intact. For same quantity of green vegetables and fruits, KENT Cold Pressed juicer yields more juice than conventional juicers. It can also process nuts for the yummiest almond or cashew nut milk shakes, which is not possible with conventional juicers.
The lower speed processing gives KENT Cold Pressed Juicer a distinctive advantage of low noise, making it quieter than the conventional juicers.
Blockage Free Operation
KENT Cold Pressed juicer comes with a special reverse action motor which makes it easy to clear the blockages, a feature which cannot be matched by the conventional juicers. This feature makes Kent cold pressed juicer a favorite in every kitchen.
Cold Pressed juicer is not a mere fad. It is a high utility appliance which can be a source of good health. Kent Cold Pressed juicers, along with its several benefits, also come with state of the art technology and are user-friendly. To discover more about this modern appliance click here.