Do you easily catch a cold? Are you suffering from chronic infections? If your answer is “yes” to any of these questions, it is a sign that you have a weak immune system. There are different aspects that can influence your immune system and make it weak. Chronic stress, poor diet (consumption of highly processed food), lack of sleep, obesity, lack of exercise are some of the factors that weaken the immunity system. So, the question is how to boost immune system naturally? Well, there are diet rich foods, which strengthen your immune system and help your body fight the common illnesses such as infections, cold, flu, and fever.
List of Foods to Boost Immune System Naturally
- Fruits Rich in Vitamin C: One of the best foods that improve your immune system is citrus fruits or fruits that are rich in vitamin C. Consuming fruits like oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes increase the production of white blood cells, thereby helping you fight infections and avoid diseases.
- Red Bell Peppers: Red Bell Pepper contains more vitamin C than citrus fruits. These are also a rich source of beta-carotene, which boosts your immune system. Bell peppers also keep your skin and eyes healthy.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: There are many green leafy vegetables like cabbage, spinach, and broccoli that comes loaded with fiber and nutrients. These vegetables are also loaded with vitamins and antioxidants that can help in boosting the function of immune system.
- Garlic: Garlic can stimulate the production of WBC in the body and can even act as an antioxidant in the body. Garlic’s immune-boosting properties are also very helpful in fighting infection and bacteria.
- Spinach: Spinach is also the healthiest option if you want to boost your immune system. This green vegetable comes packed with antioxidants and beta-carotene, which may increase the infection-fighting ability.
- Yogurt: You can also have yogurt, which is a great source of vitamin D. Consuming vitamin D is the best way to regulate/ improve your immune system so that it can defend your body against diseases.
A Word of Caution
Before consuming these food items, make sure that you wash them properly, especially during monsoon to avoid diseases. Using a vegetable cleaner can remove pesticides, insecticides, chemicals and other impurities from vegetables, fruit, and meat to make it completely safe for consumption. The compact vegetable cleaner uses Ozone technology to remove impurities from the food items. The best part is the smart appliance doesn’t use any consumables for producing ozone. As a result, the appliance doesn’t need any maintenance or repair.
The Bottom Line
There are many other immunity-boosting foods other than the above-mentioned names. Eating almonds, turmeric, green tea, papaya, sunflower seeds, kiwi also play an important role in strengthening your immunity. Considering the increasing number of diseases that we are vulnerable to, it is high time to switch to a healthy diet and improve our immune system to stay safe from diseases.