You’ll find a million articles on the net telling you the benefits of drinking warm water. Let’s be honest the world is divided into two types of people- Those who like their water warm and those who want it super chilled. We all know water is essential for our survival. Keeping your body hydrated is very important for digestion, hydrated skin, and avoiding prolonged headaches.
Benefits of drinking warm throughout the day include:
- Weight loss– Start your day with a glass of warm water and honey which is great for maintaining a healthy metabolism and help in weight loss.
- Menstrual Cramps– Drinking warm water before bed during menstrual cramps has a soothing effect on abdominal muscles.
- Digestion– Drinking a glass of warm water with honey and lemon right when you wake up will help your body digest food better and stimulate your digestive system as hot water helps in breaking the oil present in your consumed food.
- Constipation– Constipation often occurs due to lack of enough water in your body, try having hot/warm water before bed and as you wake up which will help in improving the body’s bowel movements resulting in fewer episodes of constipation.
- Throat Irritation and nasal congestion- Drinking warm water throughout the day is an excellent remedy to prevent throat irritations, cough, and cold as it dissolves phlegm and removes it from your respiratory tract providing you relief from throat irritation.
- Sleep Cycle– Drinking warm water before bed will relax and soothe your body muscles and nerves, which in turn induces a good night’s sleep.
- Skin Health– Drinking a good amount of warm water aids in detoxification by increasing your body’s temperature and releasing toxins from your body.
- The amount of warm water one must consume depends on various factors such as age, weather, level of daily activity, etc., however from Ayurveda to ancient Japanese methods everyone agrees about the benefits of having warm water and inculcating this as a habit.
Our bodies need to be refueled and hydrated properly to keep functioning smoothly, be it kids or adults. Some reports also claim that drinking warm water can keep you away from throat infections and help maintain the right electrolyte balance by detoxifying toxins present in your body.
Also, as we age, our chances of catching infections increase. Moreover, the year 2020 has been all about viruses and infections. Thus, drinking warm water and making it a habit can be extremely helpful. Do not believe us? Try drinking hot water for two months and see the change yourself.
You can check out the smart KENT Electric Glass Kettle which will help you boil water and also makes tea, coffee, soup all at the click of a button. Visit our website to know more about KENT Electric Kettle.