- Due to climatic changes, draughts, industrial
wastes & alarming levels of salinity sources like rivers, catchments and reservoir
systems are under dire stress resulting in the deteriorating water quality day by
- Due to the increased pollutants, river
water is getting contaminated with dissolved impurities, bacteria and viruses.
- Since the rivers are not able to fulfil
the drinking water demands, municipal corporations supply water from ground-wells,
which generally contain high levels of dissolved impurities (Hard & Khaara water).
- In the regime of multi-storied buildings one does not
get running tap water supply from the municipal corporation. Instead the water is stored in overhead storage tanks first - a breeding ground for unwarranted bacteria &
- Although the water treatment plants meet 'The Safe
Drinking Water Standards', still water collects the pollutants while traversing
the network of pipelines enroute to your tap.
- Most common dissolved impurities found in water are the salts of Iron, Arsenic, Fluorides, Nitrates, pesticide, insecticides, etc.
Thus, the water supply which one gets in kitchen needs better purification before
it can be consumed for drinking